N Y R 2015

The beginning of a new year. A fresh start. And with every new year comes new resolutions. Promises. Goals we set ourselves to achieve in order to become better versions of ourselves. 

Looking back at 2014, I've made several memories; good, bad, embarrassing. All of which have taught me a lesson or two. Last year, however, has definitely been one of the best years I've ever had. I've crossed so many off my bucket list and have achieved many goals. To name a few: (1) I got my first job, (2) quit my first job, (3) got my second job, (4) learned to swim, (5) got out of my gym membership, and (6) joined a performance. 


This year has already started out so well for me which I am truly thankful for. I pray that it only gets better from here. Unlike the previous years, this year I decided to not just have one New Year's resolution. I want to really outshine myself and become better than the person I was last year, so that's why I've chosen to really challenge myself.


1. Physically Healthy


In order to become a better person than who I was yesterday, I have to look better. I've given up fast food and soda, which is immensely difficult for me since I work in the mall and most of the restaurants are fast food. I want to have more energy and be more confident with myself and the best way to do that is to stay fit. Over the summer of 2014, I was at my peak with working out and staying active, however, with the holiday season, I've lost the desire to bring myself up to that level again. I honestly plan on changing that this year. I, also, plan on doing a tea tox. I've been searching up different tea tox brands such as fit tea and haven't settled on one yet. 


2. Mentally Healthy


Not only do I want to look better, but I also have to think better as well. This year, I'm going to be more positive. I'm going to stop worrying and stop being envious and begin to be happy for others. It's going to be quite a challenge because I envy easily but that is what is great about New Year's resolutions, they are challenging. 2015 will be the year that I will be kinder to others and become truly humble. As well, I want to work on my faith. This year, want to become so much closer to God.


3. Blogging


I've also decided to start blogging. Technically, I've been blogging for a while since I've had my Tumblr for quite some time now however, I want to do more writing rather clicking. I've always wanted to blog, but I always end up losing motivation to maintain it. I have several blogs out there floating around; ones I've forgotten the emails and passwords for. I've also deleted so many blogs. But enough is enough. I want to finally stick to one. I'd like to look back to this blog on December 31st, 2015 and be proud of myself for finally sticking through with something. 


This year is going to be absolutely amazing, wonderful, breathtaking, fun, inspiring, and filled with so many blessings. For one, I'm turning twenty years old this year. These next ten years are going to be truly, blissfully beautiful and I can't wait to share it all. I'm so having a vorfreudic* moment right now. Here's to a great 2015!!



With Love,
Christa

* vorfreude: (n) the joyful, intense anticipation that results from imaging future pleasures