I'm Back And Better Than Ever!

It's been more than a year since my last blog post and since then, so much has happened. I've promised myself that I would stick to blogging and, once again, I broke that promise. However, I forgave myself, picked myself up, and tried again. That's what I'm doing today.

I can honestly say that I've grown so much that I no longer recognize the self that I was this time last year. I've lived my happiest and saddest day. I've learned so much from all of my mistakes. I've given so much of myself to the community that surrounds me. I have come to know Christ and the good grace that He has given me. I've also closed the door to a very important relationship. I will spare you the details.

It's 6:09 on Thursday, October 6th. I only had one class today, Soc 120: Race and Ethnicity. It's a great class. Like all sociology classes, it makes you think. Did you know that Columbus basically wiped out the Arawaks, the natives of Hispaniola? He committed genocide and yet we, Americans, dedicate a holiday for him. It's all about the master narrative. I'm excited for what else we'll learn in Sociology 120.

So why did I decide to start blogging again? Well, I'm now 21. I am officially in my 20s. I have so many aspirations and so many goals I want to accomplish. Basically, I want to record my growth; my progress. I want to document my development. The day I turn 30, I want to be able to go back to this very post and see how differently my views have shaped. And hopefully, I will be able to see how terrible of a writer I was and hope that I've progressed in my writing. I want to be able to document the steps that I've taken in order to grow into the person that I hope I will be. In 9 years from now, I want to remember this very night. The night that I decided that I needed to wake up, get up, and start actually living. Hi! I am Christa and welcome to my blog!

To God be the glory!